Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mucinex move to MPG

Adams Respiratory Therapeutics, which markets the Mucinex brand, has placed its media planning and buying account at Havas' MPG. Their former agency was Interpublic Group's Initiative. In 2007, the company spent over $85 million in their ad spending. That is $20 million more money spent on ads then in 2006. The switch will take place in a few months. The article doesn't disclose why exactly Adams is making the switch. I feel that switching an ad agency could be a big deal. It must take a real good reason to switch your ad agency. I'm not sure if it really is a good idea to be switching your ad agencies. I feel it could really mess up the ad campaign you already have. Also the new agency could and most likely will have a different style and image than the last one and this could change your ads. If this is what your company wants or needs this could be a good thing. But if your company is doing good with the way your ads our now then I'm not sure if it is smart to change agencies. I just hope that the Adams' company knows what they are getting themselves into by switching agencies. I would like to know the reason why just to understand where they are coming from on this move. If I knew the why they chose to switch then I could talk more about the reasoning behind it. I can't wait til more information comes out to find out the reason why the Adams' company moved their ad account from Interpublic Group's Initiative to Havas' MPG.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home